hello from Jersey Shore

72GTS429's picture
Date Joined: Apr 30, 2012

Hi my name is Jeff,I recently moved back to New Jersey where I grew up and previously lived in South Florida for 25 years. I bought this 1972 Gran Torino Sport May 1,2010 so it has celebrated it's 2nd Anniversary with me.I'm currently restoring the car with custom modifications. It came as a factory Q code 351C 4V but when I bought it it had a 69 429 Thunderjet with C6.I plan on rebuilding the motor and trans and installing a locker with 3.73 gears in the 9in rear. originally a bench column shift and now has 99 Explorer way power high back bucket seats and shifts with a B&M Megashifter it currently has American Racing Torque Thrust D wheels with 215/70R15 front and 275/60R15 rear.I plan on narrowing the 9in axle to accomodate 15X10 with 3.5" backspace deep dish Aluminum Slot wheels with 305/50R15 BFG T/A Radials and changing the fronts to 245/60R15.

I'm currently collecting parts to restore the body and interior as i'm waiting to get the 50×30 garage built at my brothers house where i currently live to resume work on the body and chassis.

i'm a Auto Body technician and have been building classic cars for 30 years throughout my career and have built many custom hot rods as well as restorations on classic muscle cars.I even had my own restoration shop for 4 yearsin South Florida.I'm currently employed as a heavy collision tech in NJ. I also do airbrush and kustom paint and my GTS will be getting a kustom paint job with airbrush art and graphix.

well that sums it up for me and my ride

thanks,Jeff

Date Joined: Dec 10, 2006

Welcome to the site Jeff

72GTS429's picture
Date Joined: Apr 30, 2012

thanks Jason, i'm currently purchasing another 72 Gran Torino, a wagon this time and will double as a show car and tow vehicle for my 72 Gran Torino Sport. it will be turned into a Delivery wagon by removing the rear side glassand welding it up smooth with sheet metal then doors from a 2 door model installed and either rear quarter glass from a formal roof or cut and modify the rear door and make them suicide rear half doors.this will be one of a kind and will also use it for mobile airbrush and lettering as my plan is to install a generator and compressor in the recessed hidden cargo compartment and set up the back to haul all my equipment and paints

antlerfiend's picture
Date Joined: May 29, 2012

Hey Jeff, It's Alex. Thanks for telling me about this site.

68 1/2 CJ clone, 72 Gran Torino Sport, 65 C code Mustang Coupe (1st car)