Law Enforcement against drugs

stangchic's picture
Date Joined: Jul 01, 2008

In my small town in Ky it seems like we basically have no law at all. They go around spouting off about keeping kids off drugs, but they don't enforce it. I have a friend whose daughter got mixed up with the wrong crowd for a couple years and she tried every way in the world to get the police to help her get her daughter away from these losers and they wouldn't do anything. She knew exactly where these people were and what they were doing and because it was only her word against the drug dealers nothing was done. Now, her daughter is back home but constantly goes back and forth between where she wants to live. The girl is of age so the cops definitely won't help my friend out now. I just don't understand why this goes on at all. My friend even tried to get the cops to arrest her daughter for stealing from her, but the cops would not do anything. What tops it all off though is on the rare occasion our so called city police does a “drug bust” they announce it in our local paper so that anyone who might get caught has a chance to split town before they are arrested. This just makes me wonder if this happens only in small towns like mine, or does this go on everywhere in the US?

~stangchic~

racybroad's picture
Date Joined: May 20, 2008

They certainly don't announce raids ahead of time here. You can always tell what it is when it does happen though since they arrive with about 10 cop cars. No need for the neighbors to wonder what's going on…lol. We're a pretty small town, too, so it doesn't happen that often.

PaintedBlue's picture
Date Joined: Jul 21, 2008

No announcements here either-that sounds honestly like they are trying to save their own butts, make it safer for themselves. No risk of injury if there's no one there, right?

escape's picture
Date Joined: Jun 25, 2008

Depending on the actual details of her asking to have her daughter arrested it could be something they can't get involved in. Just because she says her daughter steals doesn't mean she has proof and they can't just take her word without reason. If she has such an issue perhaps she needs to kick her daughter out, as she is currently enabling her, calling the cops isn't helping after the fact.

mike's picture
Date Joined: Jun 25, 2008

Right now our town has just started a curfew law for all teams, but nothing more just yet. They will do a random school sit down and talk to students but that's about it.

PaintedBlue's picture
Date Joined: Jul 21, 2008

If the police won't investigate a reported robbery then there is a problem. ANY robbery is one person's word, and yes this may be the mother but it shouldn't be discounted out of hand because of that.