Not pocket change

alan's picture
Date Joined: Jul 14, 2008

I am wondering how well these do right now with the price of gas and everything else going up. If you need the big space is it worth it, maybe if you only use it once in awhile?

MrPibb's picture
Date Joined: Jul 21, 2008

I was just talking to a friend who used to have one. He was telling me of his 7mpg average while he drive it. Granted it was an older model but there's no way they've gotten much better even with updated technology its a lot of car to haul around.

chris's picture
Date Joined: Jul 02, 2008

I would think they wouldn't be doing very well because of the price as well as the fuel mileage. I'm at the point now where I'm thinking of going down in size to something like a Focus just to try and save money on fuel.

alan's picture
Date Joined: Jul 14, 2008

I have seen more smaller ford cars than bigger trucks and so on being sold in my town. No big E's though so I just wondered if it was worth it or not right now.

Embark's picture
Date Joined: Aug 01, 2008

I have seen no increase in smaller cars in my town, and not much in the way of brand new cars either. I am sure that eventually things would change but with fuel prices coming down again, I don't see it too soon.