Where?

PaintedBlue's picture
Date Joined: Jul 21, 2008

Where do you go off roading? What are the regulations regarding private land-if you have a chunk of your own land are you able to use it as you please? Otherwise where do you find places to do this?

escape's picture
Date Joined: Jun 25, 2008

Private land, whether residential or business coded is always mostly as use as you wish kind of thing. You don't even have to have a license to drive on private property with the owner's permission.

We normally offroad in a big 60 acre field after the last haying. In return we help with the manure spreading and such before winter.

stangchic's picture
Date Joined: Jul 01, 2008

When I was a teen at home we went muddin in my cousins old green Ford pickup way out behind my house. We lived on a farm that was about 80 acres of bottom land and a few hillsides too. It was out in a woodsy area that already had some paths cleared do to the previous owners having timber cut there. Those sure were fun times!

~stangchic~

~stangchic~

carly's picture
Date Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Many people I have talked to lately will say anywhere that the cops are not at. I know some people venture to the Dunes on the AZ/Cali boarder but thats as far as I know for legal places.

FORD_MAD's picture
Date Joined: Mar 17, 2009

Well, down here in Australia there's so much land we can go outback and do whatever we like. Most kids learn to drive on their parents farms at a young age and 4×4's are common vehicles used in the bush. It's a great feeling to be out on the road and thrash the old ute a bit!

collegegirl's picture
Date Joined: Mar 16, 2009

I went with my boyfriend on his grandparent's land. A whole bunch of us went up into the field and trails racing around. It's not hard for him to find a place since he has so many friends that live out in the woods of VA and WV.

rand's picture
Date Joined: Mar 15, 2009

When I was a kid, there was a place called Brickyard Road that was the popular place for “mudding'” or “rootin'”. The Van Zant boys (Lynyrd Snynyrd, 38 Special) used to hang out there, and Johnny wrote a song about it. That was his biggest hit. They had to erect a big concrete pylon for a street sign because the regular street signs were disappearing with in days of being replaced. The county got fed up with it.

powerup's picture
Date Joined: Mar 16, 2009

There's a lot of farm land around here and if you are lucky enough to know the land owners then usually you can offroad there. Or if you belong to a hunt club that has several thousand acres that they can use, you can go there as well. Just don't get yourself arrested for trespassing where you're not supposed to be.