Lastability

LeftHander's picture
Date Joined: Jul 21, 2008

Ok so I'm making up words here. Of all the current Ford line up, what maintains its value the best, as in depreciates the slowest? And which is likely to last the longest with little maintenance needed?

ironsilk's picture
Date Joined: Jul 21, 2008

Most American brands are not know to keep their value as much as foreign cars. I'm not sure which model may keep its value the most, but I'm sure you could look it up on KBB or perhaps the insurance company you use might have a suggestion?

mike's picture
Date Joined: Jun 25, 2008

Thats a point that a friend made the other day between local autos and imports. There are some imports I like, but I have never “loved” one before so I had to jump in the debate you know.

paintxpert's picture
Date Joined: Aug 28, 2009

I keep my cars so long, I dont really think about reselling them. Hmmm. I still have my Cougar from High school. …1969

“Paintxpert”

paintxpert's picture

I guess the more you spend the more it will be worth when selling. Frankly, I cant understand how some of these used vehicles command the dollars they do. I have never purchased a new vehicle in my life and I dont feel shortchanged. I dont tend to sell my cars , instead I just add to the fleet!

“Paintxpert”

Date Joined: Dec 10, 2006

I have kept my Mustang for a long time too, always tinkering with improvements every couple months but it seems like im always changing stuff Ive done in the past. Like the headlights, ive just changed them for the third time in 3 years. Ive thought about selling it but i probably wouldnt get anything of real value for it. The longer I hold on to it the more it grows on me.

paintxpert's picture

Making a car last is a mindset…when the mindset is lost the car goes. Any car that is well maintained will go the years and the miles. Having said that, There are cars that are better built than others but most times if the car is cared for, it will return the favor. That is my experience. I had an LSC I bought with 32000 miles High output 302 (one of Fords Best Motors) I maintained the car over the 19 years I drove it…sold it last month for 4800 dollars with 162000 miles on it still running strong. Maintaining the car is vital to its survival. Be Well!

“Paintxpert”

paintxpert's picture

The cars with the most value are the newest. The market likes Benz, Acura, Honda although I hate to admit it. Also Lexus a few years old hold their book well. Cadillac is a major contender for holding their value. Any car less than two years old is going to bring some money. I polished a 2008 M3 BMW dark Blue the other day they were asking about 53000 grand…the car was 73000 new.

“Paintxpert”