67 Mustang

chris's picture
Date Joined: Jul 02, 2008

A friend/coworker of mine has a 67 Mustang. It really looks and sounds great. The inside is in pretty good shape. The paint and interior are not original to the car but looks like it could be because it was really redone well. He has a 302 with 12,000 miles on it. He asking $16,500 for it. Is that too much? It seems a bit high to me.

Chris

canti's picture
Date Joined: May 16, 2008

What state are you in? Sometimes I can see similar prices through out all states and then sometimes depending on where you live the price jumps up only since the buyer needs to make more than really needed out of the sale.

stangchic's picture
Date Joined: Jul 01, 2008

I think this would also depend on exactly what kind of shape the Mustang is in and how well the motor runs. Considering this car is very old, it would definitely be considered a classic. Sometimes the older they are the more they are worth, provided the body looks nice. While I haven't seen this car, for the age of it and the description you've given, this price doesn't sound too far fetched to me. By the way, 1967 is one of my favorite Stang Years! (:

~stangchic~

~stangchic~

alan's picture
Date Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Its also a late 60's model so it might be the right price. Do you have any idea the other extras this person has put into the car or just the normal stuff?

LeftHander's picture
Date Joined: Jul 21, 2008

How does it compare to the bluebook value of the car? I wouldn't pay that amount for the car because I don't consider it to be that special, but for someone who was a fan of them, or a collector, it might be worth it.

Victoria's picture
Date Joined: Jul 06, 2008

I'm not sure what the bluebook value is but a '67 is considered a classic and so the price would be up there, especially if the car is in good condition.

Vicky

Vicky

chris's picture
Date Joined: Jul 02, 2008

I guess it may not be such a bad deal. I didn't get a very close look at it but he said with the new engine it runs great. It just seems a bit high for a 30 year old car but then it is one of the best years for a Mustang (in my opinion). I'll have to try and get more info on it.

KILLERSTANG67's picture
Date Joined: Mar 24, 2011

too high