Fess up

mike's picture
Date Joined: Jun 25, 2008

Who had one back in the day or who still has one now? I never did, I had a jeep in high school but my girl did. She thought she looks so cute in it too, until after we graduated and I ended up showing her what the bigger cars can do.

purple's picture
Date Joined: May 16, 2008

Nope. Probes were always pretty overpriced for the area I lived in. Its all about the SUV up here, or at least adequate clearance on a dirt road or in the snow.

escape's picture

I never owned one either but my best friend did. It was his pride and joy and he practically took it to prom instead of his girlfriend. She just didn't understand, lol. They are incredibly cute you have to admit.

dlmiller's picture
Date Joined: Jul 04, 2008

I owned two probes and loved them. Both were bought used and required a lot of TLC but once I was finished they looked great. Both probes were model year 1989. They were originally 2.2 non turbo with a standard shift 5 speed trannie. I converted both vehicles to a 2.2 turbo with a standard shift trannie, but I put a speed shift in the trannie. Both of the cars were like my babies, but they would move. I really think that these two cars are still the best vehicles I ever owned.

mike's picture

I think they are decent little buggers but I always enjoyed being out with the music load, the top off and just having a good ole time. I think I knew more females than males with them too.

chris's picture
Date Joined: Jul 02, 2008

I never really cared for the car too much and really think they could have come up with a better name. I don't even want to think of the things that come to mind when I hear the word “probe”. I would much rather have a mustang than anything.

Victoria's picture
Date Joined: Jul 06, 2008

I have always preferred the Focus over the Probe. I like the overall design of the Focus. I have test driven a Probe before and it wasn't a bad ride. But when I stood back and looked at both of them the Focus was my obvious choice.

Vicky

Vicky

Sunny's picture
Date Joined: Jul 13, 2008

Sadly this car didn't sell too well but I still like it. The name and the styling don't bother me much at all. It was a neat little sporty car, plus I like the Mazda MX-6 as well.

katie's picture
Date Joined: Jul 01, 2008

My cousin drives one, she has owned it for four or five years now. Her Probe is a cute silvery green, I think lol. I haven't seen her for a while but the last time I did, she still had same car. In fact, this is her second Probe.

stangchic's picture
Date Joined: Jul 01, 2008

I've never owned a Probe, but my best friend has one that was still running fine until about 6 months ago. I never really liked the body style of these cars but she loved them. Considering they got some rough reviews I was actually surprised hers lasted as long as it did.

~stangchic~

~stangchic~