McHenry, IL (June 21, 2010) - The star of this show-stopping sweepstakes campaign is a one-of-a-kind Raybestos ’32 Roadster Pickup. The promotion has been developed to help engage DIYers, hotrodders, and racefans in celebrating the racing heritage and performance of Raybestos Brakes and Chassis Parts. From now until August 31, 2010, consumers can enter to win a Raybestos ’32 Roadster Pickup -- built by Troy Ladd of Hollywood Hot Rods in Burbank, California. The traditionally inspired hot rod combines retro styling with modern technology and know-how.
“One of the most exciting elements of this promotional campaign is our new website: Talking Shop at RaybestosGarage.com,” says Josh Russell, Dir. Sales & Marketing at Affinia Global Brake and Chassis, manufacturer of Raybestos Brakes & Chassis. “The site is interconnected to new Raybestos brand presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr. This leap into social media provides our customers and fans with a direct connection with the Raybestos brand, our builder partners, our racing partners, and fellow gearheads.” ...read more >
RaybestosGarage.com offers technicians, countermen and hotrodders a behind-the-scenes view of the custom build. Visitors get the inside scoop on everything from design inspiration to frame & suspension fabrication, powerplant selection, brake package design, and the custom paint & finishing work that will prepare the hot rod for its television, magazine, and SEMA debut. The website will feature weekly build progress updates, videos, photos, posts, and other content. Visitors are welcome to comment on the project, ask questions, and even offer advice via Twitter and Facebook. And of course, they can enter online to win the hot rod itself.
DIYers and repair shop customers may also visit any participating Raybestos dealers – either online or in their hometown – for a chance to win the grand prize. With a minimum $25 purchase of Raybestos® Professional Grade or Advanced Technology brake pads, rotors or wheel hubs, or Raybestos® Professional Grade Chassis products, consumers can redeem a printed promotional form (or tear-off card from the shop’s countercard display) to receive a FREE Raybestos / Hollywood Hot Rods t-shirt. Redemption for the t-shirt also serves as an automatic entry into the sweepstakes for the Raybestos ’32 Roadster Pickup.
Ladd and Russell have collaborated with some of the industry’s top designers, artists and performance parts brands to make this project happen. Acclaimed designer Murray Pfaff of Pfaff Designs in Royal Oak Michigan provided the photo realistic artwork to help guide the build.
Hot rod illustrator Jeff Norwell completed exclusive artwork for a limited-edition tin tacker sign and the Raybestos Brakes t-shirts offered during the promotion. Final paint and finishing will be handled by self-proclaimed “Real Hotrodder of the Midwest” and ace painter Tracy Tichenor, owner of T&R Auto Body in Hammond, Indiana. Tichenor is an expert bodyman and custom builder; seen often on the TV series Overhaulin’. Russell said, “The collaboration of Midwest and West Coast hot rod builders, designers, and brake & chassis experts is creating a lot of buzz among hot rod enthusiasts. The RaybestosGarage.com website provides a neat opportunity to watch the gurus at work, follow the build progress, and share observations and opinions with other like-minded fans.”
The Raybestos Roadster Pickup has been called the “ultimate parts hauler & shop truck.” Inspiration for the hot rod’s design is as if it was the Raybestos factory parts truck & show car in 1963, delivering brakes for the Indy roadsters up and down Gasoline Alley – as IndyCars were in fact running Raybestos brake pads at the Indianapolis 500 throughout the 1950s and 1960s. Design cues are pulled from open-wheeled Indy roadsters and Sprint cars of that era. The Raybestos RPU will feature:
- 1932 Brookville Steel RPU body and custom fabricated box (BrookvilleRoadster.com)
- From Ford Racing, the all new 5.0L Ti-VCT “Coyote” V-8 engine from the upcoming 2011 Ford Mustang – deconstructed and re-dressed with vintage accessories to resemble the iconic 1963 Ford 427ci SOHC race motor (FordRacingParts.com)
- Custom vintage-style stack fuel injection setup from Hilborn (HilbornInjection.com)
- A F.A.S.T. engine management system for modern reliability (FuelAirSpark.com)
- Tremec 5-speed manual gearbox (FordRacingParts.com)
- Aluminum quick change rear axle
- Complete Raybestos Brakes package (Raybestos.com)
- Wilwood Engineering racing pedal assembly with balance bar (Wilwood.com)
Bias ply Firestone Indy roadster period correct tires from Coker Tire (Coker.com)
One-of-a-kind custom gauge cluster by Redline Gauge Works (RedlineGaugeWorks.com)
- Custom shifter, linkage, pedals and assembly by Gennie Manufacturing (GennieShifter.com)
- “Lakes” style headers will be handmade by Hollywood Hot Rods, with oval cones, fabricated from polished stainless steel components provided by Megs Exhaust Builders Warehouse (ConeEng.com)
- WIX oil and fuel filters (WixFilters.com)
- Traditional style tuck & roll interior
- Powder coating, metal coating, and media blasting work by Pacific Coast Powder - Coating (PacificCoastPowderCoating.net)
- C&R Racing custom built aluminum radiator (CRracing.com)
- SATA spray equipment (sata.com/USA)
- PPG automotive paints (ppg.com)
Follow the Raybestos Roadster Pickup build progress, photo galleries, and video updates from builder Troy Ladd at our newly-launched website: www.RaybestosGarage.com
For more information on the Raybestos Roadster Pickup, the correlating sweepstakes, or for questions on any Raybestos brand brake or chassis product, visit www.raybestos.com or call (800) 323-0354.